Law Office of
Assisting Borrowers with Mortgage Refinancing
We represent and assist borrowers with mortgage refinance. Whether a first mortgage, second mortgage or line of credit, we are here to help.
Prior to deciding to refinance consider the following: Have interest rates fallen? Has your credit score improved enough so that you might be eligible for a lower-rate mortgage? Would you like to switch into a different type of mortgage? The answers to these questions will influence your decision to refinance.
Before you decide to refinance, contact our refinance attorneys for a free consultation, so that you understand all that refinancing involves. We will help you save on closing costs.
Standard Refinance Services
- Negotiation of the loan terms (if applicable)
- Review & explanation of the mortgage commitment,
- Correspondence with the old bank, the new bank and the title company,
- Ordering “payoff” letters from the old bank to pay off existing mortgages and loans,
- Preparation for closing, including obtaining necessary title work,
- Review of the title commitment and
- Representation at closing.
Why You Need a Lawyer When You Refinance Your Mortgage
When you are refinancing your property, the attorney you meet at the closing does NOT represent you. That attorney represents the bank! You are presented with a stack of documents and are asked to sign those documents. Do you know what you are signing? Do you know the fees you are being charged? The bank is protecting their interests by having their attorney present at the refinance closing. Are you protecting your interests? Don't go it alone. Let us represent YOU.
Jeanne Reardon is a real estate attorney serving clients in New York, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, and Staten Island, in New York County, Queens County, Kings County, Bronx County, and Richmond County, as well as, Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County and throughout Westchester County.